Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Summer time in the swamp

Hey Y'all,
C has been out doing back to school shopping with k and two of her friends. School starts tomorrow. They are coming back here to spend the night. I am waiting for them to get back with supper. They ate at the food court at the mall and are bringing me a plate.

It is hot as ever down here. By 9 in the morning I am soaked with sweat from my head to my toes when I am working. I drink plenty of water and a bottle of Gatorade G-2. It's the low sugar kind. I don't pee a lot because I sweat it out. It's so easy to get dehydrated in this weather. I get dirty and nasty and by the end of the day all I want is a cool shower. It is good for me and I am becoming more used to working like I do.

C got her unemployment benefit extension so we are safe for a few more weeks. I am looking forwards to when she goes back to work. She shure does too. Lord knows she has been trying. She does a real good job keeping the home fires burning. She runs and does and keeps this house running like it should.

Well Y'all take care!!
Cornbread

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am betting that all that work and sweat is taking off some of that extra poundage you have been carrying around too! A good thing... because when the weight comes off, some of the health problems will start to go away.

My younging went back to school on the 4th... ugh... their summers keep getting shorter and shorter.

10:06 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home