Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Been awhile

Hey Y'all
I haven't been on the computer so I haven't posted.

I went to meet with the surgeons at the V.A. and got a reprieve. They put my surgery off for 2 months. They are going to wait and see if I have anymore problems. Hopefully I can talk them out of the surgery all together. We will just have to see. They want to take out all of my sigmoid and some of my left colon.

While we up at the V.A. we stopped by a pawn shop up there. We have been looking for a nice engagement ring for C. We have been at it for about a month and haven't found anything we could afford that we liked. We were wore out with only about 2 hours of sleep and dealing with the V.A. all day and just wanted to go home. C and I talked about it and deiced we would find a pawn shop to go by up there. We found one on a fluke. We looked at rings and found one that is .65 carat or 5/8. It was miss marked at 399.95. We liked it and bought it. We got a great deal because it is about a 800 dollar ring at the pawn shops here were we are from. C really likes it. It is a 14kt white gold solitaire. We rolled my change yesterday and pawned my rings and C pawned her rings. We stopped by another another pawn shop and found a wedding ring that is perfect for the ring we bought. A perfect matching set. We got it for 235 bucks. It is being sized by the pawn shop for free. We took the money we had left over and bought groceries and put some money in the bank and our pockets. Things are starting to come together.

K broke up with her boyfriend and regrets it. She wants him back and is trying to work things out. There has been a lot of crying and drama going on around here because of it. She broke up with him on a fluke and is learning a hard lesson. I don't know if they will get back together or not. I hope they will because I think well of him. He came down and mowed our grass yesterday and then came back later and talked to her. Things are still on edge thou.

C is doing well and being a great mother and fiance to K and I. She is still looking for a job but hasn't found anything yet. Soon unemployment will be running out. Keep us in your prayers about that.

Monkey and Molly are doing well and growing. Molly was being particularly affectionate this morning. K has 2 of her friends over for a sleep over. Molly was jumping up and curling up in the girls laps and letting them pet her. Monkey is always affectionate and is right there in the middle of things.

I guess what I am trying to say is we are doing well.

Y'all take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home