Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New post from the swamp

Hey Y'all!!
Hope this finds everyone doing well.

I got off work today with the intention of going to the bar and throwing darts tonight. After getting a shower and having a delicious supper of eggs and sausage prepared by C, I realized I am more tired and achy than I realized. C is watching T.V. and I decided it has been way too long since I updated my blog.

Today I spent the whole day with a sweat bath. It was overcast and in the afternoon misted rain. I was cutting slate with a bar cutter all day outside. The handle I had to wrap with some rubber I found because it was hurting my hand. I cut 50- 6"x6" pieces and 44- 12"x12" pieces. S left the keys in the van and I locked the door. We were without a van for awhile. We tried slim Jim's, different keys. We finally got it open by pounding a wedge in the door and feeding a rod inside to hit the electric lock.

C is doing well. Still looking for a job. I sure hope she finds one soon. She is a good girl. I wish I made enough money so she could stay home. She really does keep this house running while I am away at work. I don't know what I would do without her.

K has started back to school as a senior. This is her first week back so she is still getting back into the swing of things.

Dad has been going through some hard times. His medications were having a bad reaction with him. We are working on getting it straighted out. C and I have been making a lot of trips to the nursing home.

I am going to turn the rest of this post over to C.

Ok all it's my turn. Cornbread and I had friends down this weekend from Atlanta. We went on a run Saturday for our MC Club and had a blast. We went out to a local seafood place and had a great dinner. It was hard to see A & C leave it had been to long between visits.

As Cornbread said I am still looking for a job but was happy to hear I had gotten an extension with unemployment. I am still looking for a dress for the wedding but with money being so tight I will probably wear my MC extension colors. Alot cheaper wearing what you have than going out and spending money we don't really have. As long as we get married I could care less if we all show up naked, LOL.

Hope all is well with everyone. Take care and God Bless

1 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

ok--one of your readers out here is worried about you--hope all is ok

8:31 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home