Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lazy sunday at the swamp

Howdy Y'all!
I got up this morning about 10 or so. Been talking on the phone with my old boss down in Florida and my brother up in Tennessee. We were talking about the hurricane and tropical storm Hanna. The hurricane in the gulf area doesn't worry me, I am watching tropical storm Hanna. That is the one we could get some rain and wind from.

Went and saw dad yesterday and got his cell phone straitened out. He is doing O.K.

C is still asleep right now. We stayed up till after 2 am this morning. K has gone to work. She had a friend pick her up and take her this morning. I am sitting here eating pop tarts and having a hot flash. I get them from time to time. Don't know why I get them, but I do. It could be because of my sugar, or male menopause?

The neighborhood kid who mows my lawn is going to finish mowing my grass today. He started yesterday and finished most of the front. Today he is going to get the back too. We don't usually have him cut the back. It is big time overgrown. I called to see about a bush hog to do the back and the guy wanted to charge me 125 bucks. Then to add insult to injury he said he would mow the whole lot for 200 bucks. He said he had a three hour minimum. It would take him less than 30 minutes with a bush hog to cut it. It will be tough, but he neighborhood kid will mow my whole yard front and back for 50 bucks.

Well C is up now. I am going to get off here and visit with her.
Y'all take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home