Monday, January 21, 2008

New pup!

Howdy Folks!
Well we got a new pup. We got it from the flea market. We found out later when we visited the vet at petsmart that it wasn't a good idea to get pets from the flea market. It seems parvo is rampant there with 80% of the dogs they see from the flea market having it.
Fortunately our pup tested negative for everything except round worms. It really had K upset until we found out he was o.k. We have him set up on a health plan and will be taking him there about every three weeks. He has a appointment next week on Saturday to see how the round worm medicine is doing and to check him out. He isn't eating much which has me a little concerned.

We got a beagle. K has been pushing for a beagle. We looked at all the dogs and were eyeing basset hound pups. K went over to the beagle cage and there were three of them all huddled up together with their eyes closed. It was a cold damp rainy day and there was a light on the cage. The nice lady pulled them out and K picked the runt of the litter and held it for a minute then said "look at him". I looked at the pup and he looked at me. Then she said "want to hold him?" It was pretty much over then. We walked away and checked another place and came back and got the beagle pup. Smart kid. The price was right too. I saved a hundred bucks over what I would have paid for the other breeds we were looking at. He doesn't have papers, but that doesn't matter to us. We love him.

We took him directly to petsmart to pick up supplies and it happened the vet was open on Sunday there, so we checked him in. We got what we needed at petsmart and took him home. I had to go to work and C's car was at the bar so I dropped them off and went on to work. We had been tossing around different names all day and while we were riding back we settled on Harley. And yes Windfall he does howl!!!! I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Tonite when I put him in his crate at the foot of my chair he didn't whine or howl a lot. That's a good sign.

I still want a teacup poodle, black and precious. One day when we can afford it after we raise Harley, maby we will get one. But for now I got to say having Harley is wonderful. He sleeps on my chest. I guess he likes my heartbeat and my breathing seems to calm him down. I don't mind the howling and stuff. We are all working on house training him to use the puppy pads. I guess I love that little critter.

Well that's the biggest thing happening in our lives right now. It's a cold winters nite tonight. It's supposed to drop to 25. The heat is constantly running. We have the faucets dripping so maby the well won't freeze up again like last time.

I'm going to surf the net a little more and open a few emails. I have been away from the computer like usual on the weekends.

Y'all take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home