Friday, January 18, 2008

Howdy from me to you!


Hey Folks!
Got off work a little while ago. C brought cookies home from work. We laid down and cuddled and now she has gone to sleep. I shure do love that gal. K is in the bed but I can hear her coughing. Now it's my time on the computer.

K quit her part time job today. She had asked her boss to reduce her hours, but instead her boss added more on. We have put a limit on the hours she can work while going to school to 20 hours per week. This week she worked 37. It's too much for her. She is making a's and b's in school and she wants to keep that up. She has a boyfriend that she doesn't get to see much of either. We miss seeing her, and she misses us. She wanted to quit and we told her that we will give her a allowance if she will keep the house clean. It will be a fraction of what she was making while working but will give her a little mad money. I like the idea of her having a job and responsibility and so does C. But not if it is to the point that she is unhappy and falling asleep in class.

We are looking into getting a dog. K has been begging me for one for awhile now and C wants one really bad. I have said no way for the longest time, but I relented. We want one that is already house broken and not a puppy. I already checked with my insurance agent to find out the breeds I can't have. K wants a beagle and I want a teacup poodle. Yeah imagine me. Big ol' tattooed biker dude wanting a teacup poodle. I can't afford a teacup, but we are looking around at what is out there. We have found out that adopting from a shelter is a big pain in the ass with all these different stipulations like: fenced in yard, home inspections, waiting periods, fees and all kinds of hassles. It's just not worth it. We have turned to the papers to see what is out there. I am kind of excited now and looking forwards to it. It will be a big step for us as a family. I personally have not had a pet in about 17 years. K has been heartbroken over pets in the past cause she has had to give up so many of them for negative reasons like their asshole roommates. I could tell you some stories, but I will leave that for another time. C has respected my right to say no to a pet. I have had a change of heart because of that and I know they really want one. I like animals, but I know they can be a lot of responsibility. I feel like that if we can all accept that responsibility as a family it will work. Did I mention I am excited now?

Well listen, I am going to settle into my chair and let my mind unwind.

Y'all take care!
Cornbread

1 Comments:

Blogger Windfall Woman said...

Hey CB! Happy New Year! Listen, I tried to adopt a kitten from a shelter and they turned ME down because one of my dogs LIKED being outside! They didn't want anyone who had a dog OUTSIDE with one inside! I ended up rescuing one from a pet store. The Humane Society was nicer but they didn't have a kitten. Keep checking the papers! You'll find one. Oh, and I had a poodle growing up.....could never be trained. Beagles are a bit slimy too. They have lots of oil. And they howl. Just so you know. Many kisses!

12:14 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home