Saturday, January 05, 2008

2:30 am and I thought I would post

Hey Y'all!
It has been colder than a well diggers ass down here the last few nights. Right now it's in the upper 20's. (28-30f) Last night I didn't drip my water till I got home from work at about 1 am. It was 25 by then. My well froze up. This morning I was up and on the phone with the well guy. I went out and bought a propane torch and started heating pipes until I got it unfroze. Finally got the water back on about 11 this morning. Man what a pain in the ass. All because I didn't check the weather and thought it was supposed to be warming up last night. When it got cold I didn't think to tell C to drip the pipes. I was at work and she was at home. Her and I both had to call the sheriff on the neighbors who were having a very loud party down the block from the house and keeping everybody awake. I guess I had my mind on that.

C is from Michigan and they have heaters on all their pipes that they turn on every winter so frozen pipes aren't a problem as much. Down here in the south it's a whole lot different with maintaining a well in cold weather instead of using public water like she is use to up north. We got schooled and I am kicking myself in the ass for letting it happen. My dad taught me better. Needless to say the faucets are dripping tonite.

Things are a little tight right now with the small paychecks from the last few weeks but we are getting by. I overspent this week. Man a hundred bucks ain't nothing nowadays. Everything is so expensive since the last time I lived on my own. I am use to having money in the bank and not having to worry about my spending within reason. Since I have invested everything in this house and land I am having to get better at using my money wisely. I don't think I have caught on yet. More schooling. I have been truly poor before with barely enough money to put gas in my truck and eat but that has been awhile ago. I am having to relearn or call up those lessons from the past and it's not been easy. It's all habits and being smart. If you think you never stop learning or have to relearn things in life, your right. I know I can do it. I just stumble and have to get on my feet again. I am not going to let my family go down. One thing I have learned is God will provide for my needs, I just have to be a good steward of what he gives me.

Well listen it's after 3 as I finish this so I am going to go in the living room and get in my chair and smoke a few cigarettes.

Take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home