Thursday, January 24, 2008

Howdy from here

Hey Y'all,
Everyone is in bed as usual. I am not far from it myself.

I am proud of myself. Cooked baked chicken quarters and yellow rice for dinner tonite. I have not cooked much in a long time and I am having to relearn how to. Supper turned out pretty good for not cooking supper in years.

Took K to the bank and let her cash her final paycheck from dairy queen. She drove. We took the dirt road into town. It's been raining around here so it was a little soft. It made her nervous, but she did just fine. We came home and picked up her boyfriend and his brother. Later on we met C at wal mart and did some shopping.

I am going to see dad tomorrow in the morning and my brother S is supposed to pick him up in the afternoon. He is going to take him out to his house.

Sir Harley Barkinson is doing fine. Still not eating as much as I would like. K gets him to eat a little. He is settling down more readily when we put him in the laundry room. That's a blessing. I fell asleep holding him today and he stayed right there in my arm snoozing away. I know I am going to turn him into a lap dog, but I can't resist holding him all the time. He is the sweetest puppy.

I have a colonoscopy coming up in a week which means I have to stop taking my beloved BC powders. I take them everyday and today is the first day without them. My head feels like a melon and my body aches. I am not looking forwards to the procedure or the preparation for it. I have been knocked out, but not by a doctor. I am a little nervous going under anesthesia. That stuff I have to drink to clean me out does not excite me and not eating for a day will be horrible. But it has to be done. That's what happens as we get older.

Well, I don't know of too much. Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home