Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back tonite for another post


Howdy,
I've seemed to have my nights and days swapped around more than ever. Up all night, sleep all day. C has gone to bed, K has gone to bed and the pup seems to have settled in. Last night he was quiet until I got in my chair and then every time I would fire up a cigarette he would wake up and Howl!!!!! It was a long night. Tonite I have him in the laundry room. So far he is being good.

Today was a lazy day for me. I slept most of it away and didn't get much accomplished. I did Get by the post office and mailed off some bills and got K to the store so she could buy some school supplies. This evening when C got home we went out to the local restaurant and had supper as a family. Today was my day off. I like living near our one stoplight town.

K got Harley to eat today by pushing a pellet of dog food in his mouth. He chowed down then. Ate about a quarter of a bowl full. I am relieved to see him eat. He still hasn't took a poop, but that will come with time. We gave him his heart worm prevent pill and his flea preventive tonite. C is concerned I am holding him too much and letting him sleep on my chest more than I should.

K goes back to school after a three day weekend. She had MLK day off. Her boyfriend is supposed to be sworn in to the army reserves tomorrow if his knee checks out. K has her reserves. She is nervous about him going in.

C is doing well except for lack of sleep the last few nights because of the pup howling. We are trying different things to deal with it like putting him in the laundry room instead of at the foot of my chair. We are learning. We wanted a dog so all this is expected. Trial and error. I hope having this pup doesn't wear thin with C. She wanted one really bad. She has a good attitude about it all.

I hope one day when we get on track of saving money I can get my teacup poodle. Harley is like a kid to me though. He certainly is part of the family.

Well Y'all that's about all I know for now.

Y'all take care now, Ya hear?
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home