Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thursday ramblings from a sleepy head


Another day in the life. Ya know my life isn't paticuarly exciting at times, but what can I say It's life. I guess we all have the day to day run of the mill things that go on. I work, I play I eat, I sleep (sometimes) And I get up and do it again. But ya know a quiet life is something I have come to apreciate. It hasn't always been that way for ol' Cornbread. I've paid my dues and still am paying them today. I guess we all have in some form or other. Lately I have been going thru old photographs. I have been thru my share of good times and bad. Where ya come from is who ya were not who ya are today. But some things never change. I wanna take time to just say it's important who ya surround yourself with. I have learned that in life.

Tonight I visited my club brother at his bar. It was his wedding aniversary. Shure makes me feel good to see someone doin' it right. Cornbread ain't never seen fit to get married. Too many short or broken relationships. It's funny how when ya start sleepin' with somebody things change. Some of the women I have loved the most I have never slept with. It seems confusing don't it? Ah well life can be a mystery sometimes, But hey I can truly say I woulden't trade mine for anything. the good and the bad. And I can honestly say that some of the bad times were really bad. I won't post them here. I just savor the memories like a sweet shot of liqour that warms my bones. But I never live in the past if I can. Today is today and tommorow will come God willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll be there.Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Grey Biker said...

Our past makes us who we are and appreciate the lessons learned.

7:27 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the photos Bro. Sometimes, memories are more precious than any property. Family is more important than any job.
We've all had our good times or bad times...some more so than others. ;) Everyone has their happiness in life and what they desires in life. Some achieve their own happiness and some do not. We all work our asses off to get some where...where ever that may be is where we are at... I need another beer and knobber....now that would be happiness!

8:01 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home