Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year is a commin'!


Like The pic I found of "Biker Chicks"?

Tonight was church (club meeting) I am home now, had my shower, got clothes in the dryer and soon will be off to bed. This weekend will be another whirlwind tour. It's already started. I hafta go to work tommorow for half a day in the mornin', come home and get dad lunch. Then I am off to pick up Mama to go to a wedding of another clubs officer tommorow, then it's meet the boss and of course party down for new years. As always since I drink very little, I am the designated driver. I won't be drinking anything tommorow night, So Y'all have one for me and think of ol' Cornbread takin' care of his brothers.

I had took Mama some collards and mustard greens earlier this week and brought her another bunch of collards tonight. She already has her black eyed peas soaking. The reason I am washing clothes tonight is cause she told me I coulden't do it sunday because what ya are doin' on the first day of the year is what ya will be doin all year long. I don't feel like washin clothes all year and I don't feel like free ballin' (not wearing underwear) all year long either. So if I'm gonna wear clean boxers, it's tonight or else it ain't hapinin cause cornbread has run slap out.

I'm lookin' forwards to them collards and hog jowles and blackeyed peas and rice (hoppin john) and of course cornbread. I know the greens are for money and the peas for luck. Somehow it's supposed to make ya healthy, wealthy and wise. All I know is it tastes great and my kinda cookin'!

I'll be leavin dad to pretty much fend for himself for awhile after lunch. I won't be back till sunday evening. He should do fine. He got out and drove for the first time yesterday. I feel more confident he will be O.K. without me around. Thats a good feelin'.

Well Y'all take care and see you in the new year! I shure hope this year will be a good 'un!Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Grey Biker said...

Happy New Year Bro.

Mama was right about them clothes. Get em all done or else. Eat plenty of black eyed peas and collards too. I'll be partying with my friend Jack Daniels.

9:56 AM EST  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Happy New Year.

10:37 AM EST  
Blogger phoenix said...

Happy New Year Cornbread!! You be careful out there tonight with all the craziessssss!!

Hugsssssss

11:05 AM EST  
Blogger dark_fire said...

Man I sure am missin' the south right now!
*wails then smacks my lips thinkin' about those hoppin johns*

Happy New Year!

8:09 PM EST  
Blogger .- said...

my black eyed peas are waitin' for me too!
Happy New Year

9:12 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:15 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home