Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday, bad news

Wow today was interesting. The club was on the way to a ABATE meeting and had stopped at a gas staion near where we all met up at. There was a accident involing a motorcycle of one of the ABATE members that everyone knows. A young kid ina car turned into his path and the biker T-boned him without even havin' time to hit the brakes. Fortunatly his worst injury was a broken arm so far. If you could see his bike and the car that he hit you would know angels were flying beside him. There is just no way you walk away with a broken arm and some other injuries from a wreck like that. He is in the hospital right now gettimg checked out.

I gotta say our club and another club in the area stepped up to the plate. We got his bike off the road and tralered to a safe place. Tonight we went to the hospital and gave his family his personal effects. His leather jacket and vest that was cut offa him, his wallet and helmet and glasses.

Ya know things like this really hit me hard. I'm not angry or anything. Just upset. It grieves me so to speak.

6 Comments:

Blogger ardi k said...

Friends are angels too. Hang in there.

11:14 PM EST  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

That was a bad one. Always a nice thing when our fellow bikers look after each other.

7:25 AM EST  
Blogger phoenix said...

It was as it should be. Bikers are a close knit group and if it pains one it pains all.

Prayers to him and his family... and to you my friend. Hugsss

8:43 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...it always makes me nervous when I see cars riding up too close to bikes on the road..

I know you and Grey Biker love ya'lls HOGS but they scare the shit out of me and no I ain't never been on the back of one either.

I let my neighbor give my daughter a ride...a short one and she LOVED it...that's all she talked about for days....

Hubby wants a bike now..he used to have one when he was single and I know I ain't gonna be able to put him off when he retires from the military...he's gonna get one and I just know he's gonna kill himself on the damn thing.

It's just so dangerous but I know ya'll sure do love riding 'em.

9:44 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya'll did the right thing. I am in Darien Ga and a member of ABATE, district 11, take care, Cat

6:42 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:57 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home