Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Pounding the pavement


Free to search for a job, Cornbread continues his quest.

Today I checked with a bike shop that I would like to go to work for. It's the same guy I was talking to yesterday when I got the call from my co worker. I came back today and handed him my aplication but it was over quick and I am getting considered. I didn't mention to the guy I got shitcanned after I talked to him yesterday. I am just leaving things as they are and hope I can get hired.

I've got another place I gotta talk to tommorow and see if I can get a job there. It's not the best in the world, but if it is meant to be the door will open. If not, it will close.

In some ways I hope it takes awhile to find a job. I just don't wanna run myself broke thats all.

I did get out this evening and go for a putt on the bike. I stopped by the guy who usta be my lead man's house and chatted for a bit. He lives down deep in the quarters and it was getting dark. Not a safe place to be for a lone patchholdin' white boy biker. There was already a bunch of black guys ganging up down the street from me and I could hear them very loudly talking about a motorcycle. This ain't my first rodeo and I knew what was up. I was causing a stir by being there. I thundered outta there after twilight and headed back home.

Well, tommorow isa new day. I look forwards to it!

Take 'em greasy! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home