Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Given the boot.


Yep, ya heard it right here! Cornbread got shitcanned today!

Since your all wanting to know, here's the story:
Last week I worked past my break for the guy who fired me ona project he insisted be done. My break is at 3pm. Since it was well after that I took my break. I have a sleeping condition which when I sleep I don't rest. Well at about 4:15 I sat down ina chair and nodded off for a minute or two. Someone opened the door to the room I was in and shut it quickly.

My boss asked me about it a few days later and I told him yea it was me and explained the situation. (I mentioned a little something about it ina earlier post.) Today I was out looking for jobs and I got a call from one of my coworkers wanting to know why he had to clean my buildings and his too and if I were comming in? I told him I didn't know what was going on and would find out and call him later. I was in the middle of talking to someone about a job I would really like to get. He heard the whole conversation from my end. I just looked at him and said problems on the job and left. I gotta go back with my application tommorow and talk to him some more. Talk about bad timing. But I digress.

I called my boss on his cell and asked what was going on? he said "I need to see ya soon as possible" I pretty much knew the deal then. I went to my bosses office and sat down and was told I was terminated and why. I was very respectfull and had a good attitude and told him what I thought about the whole situation and refused to sign his paperwork that his boss had sent. The new boss, his boss is the one who fired me. I gotta turn in my uniforms and other set of keys tommorow where the asshole works that fired me. I have nothing to say to the man and hope he says nothing to me.

Ya know I hate it that it happened that way, but something has been telling me for awhile it's my time to go from there. It's a job I took for temporary employment 3 years ago with low pay and no benifits that I just never quit and looked for another job. I hate to have the stigma of being fired from a job, especially for sleeping on the job. But ya know I think it's for the better.

If ya think about ol' cornbread tonight before bed say a prayer for him will ya? I wanna find something I am happy in.

Y'all take care now, ya hear?Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer Bro. I know how you feel....only been fired once before so hang in there. You'll find something else. One door closes and another opens.... Call the apt if you like.

7:02 AM EST  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

Sucks you got fired for something you did on your break. Glad that asshole dont watch me.

Hopefully something much better will turn up soon. Sometimes all you need is a push to find a new one.

8:07 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home