Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Long ol' day at the swamp

Hey Y'all,
C and I went into Savannah this morning for a doctor appointment I had. We got up early and didn't have a lot of sleep from the night before. We came home and had PBJ's for lunch.

One of my brothers from the club came over and cut our grass today. He helped me get the lawn jockey out of the back of C's car.

We got some rain this afternoon. I laid down in my chair and took a nap. We had supper later on and one of K's friends came over and ate with us.

After that we went to wal mart and picked up some things and came home. We are relaxing now. I am tired and yawning. C is in there watching tv. I am going to get in bed by 2, I hope.

Well Y'all take it easy!
Cornbread

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Cornbread. Thank you. I just wanted to be sure you and your family are SAFE! I understand your feelings. I'm an old white woman and I have time to watch the news and see how crazy the world has become. My two big pitbulls allow me to sleep soundly!
And my dogs are tough & protective, but not the crazy things you see on the news! My dogs were raised from pups with love and spoiling! lol! Maybe you need a pit! Georgia is full of them! I had a Colby bred one twenty years ago---she was the smartest and best dog I've ever had!
Here's wishing you some better health!!
Verna

10:53 PM EDT  
Blogger Cornbread said...

I hear ya Verna. Unfortunatly for me to keep my homeowners insurance I can't keep any what they deem "vicious breeds" of dogs. They even have a cocker spainel on the list. I can't own guns because of some trouble I got into in florida. But my wife can. LOL
The only problem I have had is someone tried to break in once and threw one of my screens in the woods and broke one. I have never had anything stolen here yet. Knock on wood. I keep the doors locked. My wife and duaghter thinks I am strange for doing that, but I have lived in some pretty bad neibourhoods before. I feel safe and I am not scared of the undesirables that live near me.

12:18 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home