Monday, July 13, 2009

Southern white boy and proud of it!

Don't worry I don't hate 'em all, there is just a whole pile of them I don't like.

Nathan Bedford Forrest was the supposed founder of the Ku Klux Klan. He denied any involvement in the organization. He was a plantation owner in the south. One of the south's richest men that enlisted in the confederate army. He went from a enlisted man to a general without any formal military training. He became a well established and successful military man. After the war he had several failures and finally died of complications from diabetes. To this day his legacy and name is controversial.

I of course don't believe in the KKK, Arian nation or any group of zealots, religious, political or social. I do however condem the people I see sometimes on a day to day basis acting stupid. And there is a whole pile of them. I can't help it if a lot of them I see acting that way are black. Oh there are white ones, Mexican, etc. I don't classify them and call them names until they piss me off.

That's why I got me a lawn jockey. It is a symbol of a bygone era with roots back to general Washington. It's also offensive to a lot of black people. I detest the blacks in my neighbourhood that sell drugs, hang out in the middle of the street, talk so loud at night I can hear them down the block in my front yard, have a bad attitude and accuse the white cops here of abuse. The NAACP marched on my town because of a situation that happened in my neighbourhood. The lawn jockey is my quiet contempt for what I see happening here. And it will look cool out in the front yard beside my no#20 cast iron cook pot!

Way down yonder in the land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten, look away, look away, Dixie land.
Cornbread

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:40 PM EDT  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Hey Verna, I removed your comment as requested. I will not remove my post. I may be politicaly incorrect. But I am tired of being oppresed as a white man.

2:18 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home