Friday, July 10, 2009

Back home in the swamp

Hey Y'all,
We made it back home this evening. C and I both a wore slap out. We had a great week thou and are glad we went. My trip to the VA went well today. Had a good visit with the doctor.I am glad we are home now. It's nice to get away. It's nice to come home too.

While we were on our trip we stopped by several road side places that sells concrete statues and statuettes. I got a lawn jockey, about 4 feet tall, black as the ace of spades for my front lawn. The place I got it from was really neat. The guy had all kinds of statues. I wanted to buy one that was a little black boy grinning from ear to ear and eating a watermelon slice. C wouldn't let me. They also had a statue of a Klansman in a sheet and hood. They had hogs riding motorcycles. They had all kinds of animals. The guy that owned the place was a trip. Good ol' boy. He had a white dog with a black head he named obama. he said he was a little bit black, a little bit white and everybody thinks he's cute, so he named him obama. LOL I got a chuckle.

Well Y'all it's late and I'm tired. I think I'm going to watch a little tv with my wife and go to sleep.

Take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home