Saturday, February 28, 2009

Soaking wet in the rainy swamp

Hey Y'all,
Today we had our cookout with the kids from the boy's home. We had to pull the grill under their carport/porch to do the grilling because of the rain. C wanted to take the bike real bad and my boss from the club was taking his. C persuaded me against my better judgement to take the bike. It was kind of like a Mexican standoff with her so I said O.K., we will take the bike but your going to hear it when we get wet. We got soaked!!!! I was razzing her all day today while it was raining at the boy's home. She came home and got a hot shower going for me and all was forgiven. I had the shivers from riding in the cold rain. My legs are sore as hell from tensing up and gripping the bike with them.

The boys at the home were nice. Some of them were talkative while others were shy. They had a good time eating hot dogs and hamburgers. We gave them T shirts before we left. The staff was really nice. The kids at the home have been thru a lot. They seemed to have good attitudes in spite of their circumstance.

I am home now and warm and dry. We ordered supper from the local restaurant. K and her boyfriend went and picked it up. We had a family supper of sorts. C is now watching TV in the bedroom. I am going to join her later and maby watch a little tube. K and her boyfriend are watching TV in her room. Both C and K really like the new service we got thru comcast.

Well Y'all, Take care!! Keep it 'tween the ditches.
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home