Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday wee hours of the morning in the swamp

Hey Y'all,
I got off work and then went to hospice and visited C. Dad has been asleep for 30 hours and counting. The hospice people are keeping him comfortable. The place is new and really nice. C has a bed to sleep in. She is getting rest. The staff at hospice is wonderful. They have a smoking porch. The place is real accommodating and friendly.

Dad is going to die soon. I have come to accept that fact. He is in the best place he can be right now. I really hope hospice will keep him there at their facility. It is so much nicer than the nursing home. Dad can die in comfort and dignity there. My family is so much more comfortable there. They are good with dads pain management. They take care of his leg spasms. He hasn't drank much. He hasn't ate anything. His time is coming. It's just a matter of when. Nobody knows.

Well it's getting late. I best be going.

Y'all take care!!
Cornbread

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad for you & C. The time comes when we all must say goodbye to our parents, but it is so very hard. Our parents are our fortress against the hard spots in life. They are our tie to our youth and when they leave us, we all feel so alone. I am thinking of you.
A hug from Verna

10:52 PM EST  
Blogger Webster World said...

I hold you all in prayer. As V. said not easy. I hope you do well, never easy. May God bless.

12:07 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home