Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday at the swamp

Hey Y'all,
Dad made it thru the operation well. They removed his pacemaker. They had to take some tissue out because it looked infected. Right now they have the hole packed with gauze. After they remove the gauze they are going to put a vac on the site to vacuum out fluids and promote healing. We asked the doctor how long he was going to be in the hospital and he has no way of knowing. He did say it would not be a short stay.

C stayed with dad today. I was there till just after the surgery because I had the appointment at the V.A. I took K out of school and had her drive me up there and back. C said after dad woke up he had solid food for supper this evening. That is a good sign. She said his blood pressure was running low. I talked to him on the phone tonight and he sounded good. He said he was doing good except he was in pain from the operation.

My visit at the V.A. went well. The doctor has increased my lasix to help get the water off my legs. He signed my release to go back to work. I have to turn it in to work in the morning.

Well that's all I know right now. I am tired, so is C and K.

Y'all take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home