Monday, December 01, 2008

Wee hours of the morning in the swamp

Howdy Y'all,
Yeah, it's 4 am and cornbread is wide awake. I had my shower and ate a pimento cheese sandwich. Did my pills I have to take. Did my bedtime insulin. One of my cats, monkey the real affectionate one is curled up on my feet. Speaking of cats, Our cats have found a new obsession. Molly the bigger cat will run from anywhere in the house to the toilet when she hears it flush and lean over the bowl. Monkey has learned how to flush the toilet next to K's room. Nothing like having my cats tag team the toilet. Crazy kitty's keep themselves entertained.

I went code 4 at 0018 tonight when I got in off a trip to Jacksonville. I was supposed to go to Baldwin Florida to the rail yard but the crew got a call in route. It seems the railroad had a crew waiting at the hotel that they had forgot about and put them on my crews train. They sent the crew that was riding with me to the hotel in Jacksonville. Those guys were none too happy about it because they left their families thinking they were going to get on the train and instead ended up going to spend the night in the hotel room. Traffic was nuts getting down there with all the people returning to Florida from the thanksgiving holiday. Plus there is construction going on. All in all it wasn't a bad trip thou.

Well I am going to get off here and putz around a little, then try and get some sleep.

Y'all take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home