Sunday, November 30, 2008

Update to last post


Hey Y'all!
I'm awake now and things are going slow on the board at work. I am well rested and feeling good. I have took my insulin like I should and took all my medications on time. C and I are getting along well. She's in there watching T.V. right now.

Last time I called dispatch I was number 2 on the board. I hope I will be getting a call soon. I talked it over with C and she had a good suggestion. I am going to take this next trip and then I am going code 4 for 8 hours or more, then put myself back on the board. Hopefully I will get enough time off to see dad, maby go to the bank on Monday.

One of the railroad employees turned me onto this stuff that is sold in the convenience stores called 5 hour energy. It really works but when I come down off it I really crash. It's like liquid cocaine that doesn't make you jump out of your skin. C doesn't like me taking that stuff. Drinking coffee is O.K. But sometimes coffee just isn't enough.

We were at Harvey's grocery store the other day and while we were there picked up a bag of navel oranges. C and I just shared one and oh boy was that thing good. I like this time of year around the holidays because we get good food like that. The only thing I miss is eating nuts. I can't eat them because of my diverticuli. I know if I eat them I will get sick and possibly end up in the hospital again so I stay away from them. I love mixed nuts and they are plentiful around Christmas. I guess as I get older and my body gets in worse shape I have to give up foods I love. I still eat a lot of crap like greasy cheese burgers and stuff. We tried to go to our local restaurant last night where I love their vegetables. We pulled up and no cars were there. C got out and there was a sign on the door that said closed due to illness. We ended up going to dairy queen.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Cornbread

1 Comments:

Blogger Webster World said...

My son does the 5 Hour thing. I guess it's ok 1 at a time and not over do it like anything. This guy I worked with well his son was playing some basketball. Drank 3 of those Power Drinks and had a heart attack. He was 26. So I'm sure they are ok if done right. I'm kinda new to blogging. I had read your blog a month or two back. Liked it but lost you some how. Found your blog again. I was attracted to the name. And it brings back the time I lived in Ga. and how I want to retire back down south. Glad I found you all. And hey you have a great warm and loving Christmas.

1:10 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home