Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday post from swamp south

Hey Y'all!
I just got back from a run to Macon with my new job. I get calls all the time, day and night. I took this afternoon and tomorrow off. Sunday and Monday are my days off.

I am liking the job so far. It's fun. Some of the crews I pick up are talkative, some just want to sleep. Today's crew wanted to sleep. I drank coffee to stay awake. I can see I will and am becoming a coffee drinker again. The diet sodas just don't keep me awake. I hate nodding while I am driving. It's embarrassing and dangerous.

My manager has been helping me a lot. I blow his phone up day and night with questions. I think I am doing good so far thou. I'm still learning a lot.

Pray for us. C found out she can't get anymore unemployment. The bills come in and still have to be paid. We have to eat and put gas in the vehicles. All of us smoke. I know it's not a necessity, but life without cigarettes would suck.

The cats are doing well. They are of course oblivious to the fact we are strapped right now. They eat and play and make messes and scratch things. They crawl up in my lap at night when I go to sleep. I am sleeping in my chair right now because of work. I get better rest in my chair. Tonight I think I am going to sleep in the bed. I miss sleeping in the same bed as my wife.

Well Y'all, Take care. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. If you do, do it right!
Later,
Cornbread

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I just stopped by to see how you are doing and to say Happy Thanksgiving!
It looks like C needs a job. Do you live near any schools? If so, she might apply for a job with the public school. They hire cafeteria workers, bus drivers, and some women for general cleaning---sweeping floors, cleaning in general. Perhaps she can do office work there or supervise a study hall. Lots of opportunities at public schools. Check at the superintendent's office or principal's office. Good luck!
Verna

11:34 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home