Thursday, December 25, 2008

*update to this mornings post*

Hey Y'all,
It's night time at the swamp. We have had a peaceful Christmas. I woke everybody up after my last post. We opened presents. After that we went to the waffle house and had breakfast. I was wearing my new flannel pajama bottoms and a t shirt I got for Christmas. I haven't got out of them all day. We came home and all went to bed. I got up about 4 this afternoon. C was peeling potatoes for mashed potatoes. We grilled the steaks for Christmas dinner. We had dinner and K took off to my brothers house to spend some time and go out to look at Christmas lights. She is back home now.

K got a lot of clothes for Christmas. She got a 50 dollar gift card. I gave C and her mineral makeup. They seemed to really like that. I gave C a color T.V. set for the bedroom that I got a deal on from our local dollar store. Now she can watch T.V. in our bedroom while I am out sleeping in my chair between runs. I got a terry cloth bath robe I have been really wanting, some suspenders a shirt and some T shirts that are big and tall. C got a marines thermometer and a marines doo rag too.

The only regret I have from today is that I didn't go see dad. I never have a day to just spend at home with my family anymore. I called dad 3 times today to let him know I love him. It was evening time by the time I would have been able to go to see him. He is in the nursing home out of town for me. I miss seeing him on Christmas day. I got to see him on Monday. The nursing home had a thing where the family could come out and have supper and Santa was there. We brought him his present and had supper and visited for awhile. I also got to see him Saturday at my brothers house. That's good enough I tell myself, but it's not like seeing him on Christmas day. I love my dad.

I talked to people on the phone this evening till my phone died. It was nice to talk to family and friends on Christmas. On a sad note I found out my best friend from when I was in the Navy lost his father on Monday. He is the woogaus blog listed on my blog roll. Everyone else seems to be doing well.

Well Y'all, Again Merry Christmas and may the peace of the Lord be yours.
Cornbread

1 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

ok ok let us know that all is well in the swamp.....when we don't hear from you we worry!!!!

8:52 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home