Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Your my drivin' wheel


Do you like my drivers license pic? I think their cameras sometimes lies.

Well I got out and did a little running around town today. Visited alot of the bike shops in town. And yes I got a long nap here in the computer chair. The above pic is of course not me. Thats just ol' Cornbread pullin' yore leg. I did make it out to the state patrol and got my license. Since I got the veterens license, mine won't expire till the year 2032. I thought the lady was crazy or there was a mistake. It seems to be a new thing. Veterens licenses don't expire untill the vet turns 65 now. Cool with me. I have always hated going down there and standing in that long line anyway.

Speakin of licences have I ever told the story about how I got my motorcycle license years ago when I was about 17? I had a yamaha RD 350 and was riding it around ileagaly since I didn't have a license. Well ol' cornbreads consience started botherng me about it so I rode out to the state patrol to get a license. I wanted to be legal. I got out there and the lady (there was only one at the time) had me go on this driving course. There was a whole lotta stuff I was supposed to do. She started me off by watching me stop and make a left turn. Then she looks in the parking lot and sees it empty. With her hand on her hip and her clipboard in her hand she asks me: "did you ride the bike out here"? She almost sounded disgusted. I kinda looked at the ground and said "yes mam I did." Next thing I know she is writing something on her clipboard and I just knew I was in for it. She hands me this reciept and tells me: "your license will be in the mail." didin't even make me finish doin' the riding course or anything. Course ya gotta remember this was in the 80's and things were alot different back then.

Y'all take care! Rubber side down!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

like the pic

12:36 AM EST  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

I see in your DL pic you shaved your beard.

Yeah getting that MC license the way did then would get ya arrested nowadays.

But honestly I rode one without a license too all the time as a teenager.

7:27 AM EST  
Blogger Woogaus said...

Gotta luv Georgia, probally the only state in the union that has a Veterans Driver's license program, I checked here in Illinois, of course they don't. You lucky bastard, LOL.

1:01 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home