Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Relaxing day and rant about bike week


Hey y'all
Today isa take it easy day so far. Got the truck down to the ford place to get the oil changed. The guy who did the work is the former wrench from the bike shop I use. He works for the ford place now. Shure hope he tightened everything up on my truck. He had a bad habit of leaving things loose on my bike when I usta take it to him. He's a good guy though.

Drove down to the bike shop and hung out for awhile this afternoon. It was relaxing sitting around and shooting the shit with the owner. It's always nice to sit down with other bikers and just relax and talk.

This weekend I am going down to florida and hang out with some of the brothers down there. My best friend down there is the president of a chapter of my club where I usta live. Gonna go spend some time with him and hang out. Maby get to see some of my old friends. It's gonna be nice. It's the last weekend of bike week, but I ain't planning on going to daytona beach. I avoid that place durring bike week. Too many tourist and the cops turn into nazi's when bike week comes along. I ain't even gonna take the bike cause the noise police are out in force and I have loud pipes. REALLY LOUD pipes. It's a ticket waiting to happen durring bike week.

It's a shame that bike week comes along and alot of the bars/buisnesses don't want colors in there cause it scares people and there is the occaisonal asshole who want's to prove himself by starting something with a patchholder. Alot of the places want our money durring the rest of the year but want us to stay out durring bike week so the tourist aren't offended. I find that offensive. I will not do buisness anytime with places that keep that practice up. Also durring bike week everything gets more expensive than the rest of the year. I find that offensive. Charge the same price all year long instead of gouging people who just wanna have a good time. It all revolves around money instead of what it's supposed to. Bikers comming together to socialize and party and hang out. It is a good thing that there are more mainstream people now involved with the motorcycle world, but there is a downfall to it, which is the bloodsuckers comming out to get as much of that potential cash from people that are involved in the motorcycle world. And that includes the cops too. They make alot of money off bike week too. They don't call it PAYtona for nuthin'!

I find it all so offensive, I just stay away and will go party with my brothers down there outside of daytona and enjoy what being a biker and a brother and righteousness is all about.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Y'all take care!

2 Comments:

Blogger Grey Biker said...

I dont go either. I dont want to get involved with dealing with any of the locals. My pipes are loud too and no need to risk it.

I went to panama city one time and they gave me a hard time for just parking on my bike and sitting in a parking lot next to the road.

7:16 PM EST  
Blogger Woogaus said...

Kinda reminds me of when we hung out at Wikiki Beach, everything was 2-3 times what you'd expect to pay. Do you remember the store owner at the Yuppie Harley store, he hid behind the counter until some other people walked in the door. He sure didn't like the looks of us that night. LOL

12:34 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home