Thursday, March 09, 2006

A good day and good memories


Hey Y'all!
Today was a good day as far as I am concerned. Got out on the bike and went to the seed store and put in a order for a new set of overalls. Mine are kinda jumbo sized and they can order them from there. Yep in georgia you go to the seed and feed store to buy clothes sometimes. Did a little riding out in the country and made it back home. Went and visitied my V.P. and his wife tonight and then went ot my club brothers bar and hung out. Our probates stopped by and we had a good time chatting, Now I'm back home.

On my last post my buddy from the navy, woogaus brought up a old memory when he left a comment. We were in hawaii and had stopped in one of those boutique harley stores. You know the kind that sell harley fashion clothes and stuff. No bikes. When we walked in the guy behind the counter was scared shitless of us and you could tell cause he was real nervous and was hiding in the back and peeping around the corner at us. I know you all don't know what woogaus and I look like, but even when we were in the navy we were into the biker scene and dressed the part. You see woogaus and me were running partners, drinking buddies. There are some stories we could tell ya that are quite fun. But I digress

While Me and woogaus was in the harley boutique store, people would stop and look in the store and you could tell they wern't interested untill they caught sight of us. Before me and him had been in there we were outside smoking cigarettes and people would just walk up to the store, look thru the window and leave. After me and him were inside they would come up to the window, look inside see us and would come in. Pretty soon the store started to fill up and the little guy behind the counter finnaly came out of hiding. I think we brought him some buisness that night just by being there and looking like we did.

While we were there woogaus bought one of those chain driven wallets (I thought he paid too much for it there) and gave me the chain off it to put on my wallet. He had bought a fancy chain to go on his new wallet. Ya know I still have that chain he gave me on my wallet today. Fact I'm wearin' it right now. It's been thru hell, been busted and repaired. The leather peice on it looks wore out, But I woulden't trade it for anything.

Yea good memories.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cornbread said...

I checked the links in the above comment. They are safe.

2:19 AM EST  
Blogger phoenix said...

Glad you had a good day darlin. Missed talking to you yesterday!

;-)

7:54 AM EST  
Blogger Woogaus said...

Ya know, your right I did pay to much for that wallet, I finally retired it a little while back, it's new home is in a cabinet in my office along with a stack of old navy patches and other things that just have way too much senitmental value.

11:28 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home