Monday, February 06, 2006

Sunday gone


Another Cornbread weekend shot to hell!

Well it's after 2:30 am and I just rolled in from the bar. We had a quiet night. It was karaoke night. Yep ya heard it right, we had karaoke during the superbowl. Ya gotta understand this place is way out in the sticks and there is only two t.v's at the bar itself. They were on the superbowl. See this place is more of a country juke joint. If ya want sports, ya gotta go to the sports bars in town. Tonight was understandably slow cause of the superbowl, but there were some good karaoke singers.

I am taking off tommorow for the other side of georgia to see my cousin's wife. I coulden't make the funeral because I had commited to work and didn't wanna go back on my word. I think she understands. I may not have been able to see my cousins body before he was buried, but my concern is with the living. The dead I can do nothing about. I ain't jesus and I don't raise the dead. The living however I can comfort and console and show my respect by being there, even if it is a little late.

Life may not be perfect by a long shot, but it is good! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Grey Biker said...

I'm sure the relatives will appreciate the visit and concern.

12:27 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin. They'll appreciate you coming. My granny used to say she didn't care if nobody ever came to her funeral....didn't do her no good at that point.

5:47 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home