Monday, January 30, 2006

Back from the V.A.


Sleep apnea is no joke.

Went to the V.A. today and picked up my machine, got fitted ect. I got to see the actual results from the sleep study. I already knew I had sleep apnea, but wasn't able to view the actuall doctors report till today. I am not going thru listing all the results, just the ones I find interesting.

The doctor called my sleep apnea severe. I was aroused from sleep 437 times during the time they tested me. I had 178 apneas and 295 hypopneas. During my sleep stages I spent the most time in stage 2 (body preparing for deep sleep but not entering it). I only got 14 min. of rem (rapid eye movement) that night. The longest apnea I had was 43 seconds and my oxygen level dropped to 57% during that time. There was also arrythmias noted. (an extra heartbeat)

I shure hope this cpap machine works and I get some decent sleep. I know it will take awhile to get used to having the mask strapped to my face. But if it works, it's worth it. Maby I won't be falling asleep all over the place now.

Well thats what I have been doing today, besides falling asleep in the computer chair.
Y'all take care!Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Grey Biker said...

One of the guys I work with has the same thing and has the same machine. He says it really helps but takes a while to get used to.

You do need some real rest with all those results.

7:09 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home