Sunday, January 29, 2006

Wild weekend

Howdy folks. Cornbread is one wore out puppy dog tonight. Saturday I spent most of the day well into the morning hours out on the bike. I visited some of my club brothers who live outta state and then met the boss and Mama and our probate at one of the clubhouses we frequent. Made it home about 2:30 am and in bed at 4:15 to get up at five minutes to 6 this morning to go ona poker run. All in all I had a good time.

Saturday at the clubhouse we were at, one of these rich kid "insta bikers" showed up. He had just bought his first bike. A big ol' expensive chop from one of the prominate shops in our area. He was trying to be "one of the boys". Man did he get his ass raked over the coals. I didn't talk to him. I actually felt sorry for the guy. 40 thousand bucks and 40 miles don't make ya a biker and there was plenty of that fact being told to the young man. I heard later that he had been chatting with Mama and trying to sorta pick her up. I didn't get the clear picture on the whole thing, but it would be safe to say if I had known it at the time, the young man woulda learned a hard lesson about the motorcycle world in a hard way. I don't like to get mean and nasty, but if I had caught on to it, he would never wanna do that again.

Todays run was a blast. My relation brother went on part of the run with us and got to shake hands and meet people and do a little riding with the club. I think it was a good expierince for him. When he called me one the phone tonight, he sounded excited and real positive and wants to go on another run with us. I am glad. It's good for people to see patchholders outside of the stereotypes society places upon us.

Well, Y'all I am only up for a bit. I am playing catch up on sleep and tommorow I gotta go up the road to get measured for my CPAP machine. It's a machine with a mask on it I am gonna have to start wearing to sleep in. It's to deal with the sleep apnea thing. I am looking forwards to it. The people I know who have them swear by them and say they sleep a whole lot better with them.

Take care!

1 Comments:

Blogger Grey Biker said...

I got a little ride in too this weekend. Sure was nice. Maybe that machine will fix you up.

7:49 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home