Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday's post from the swamp

Hey Y'all,
K was home from school today. She woke up this morning throwing up. There has been a virus going around her work. She has had a hard time of it lately.

I worked today and so did C. We are both tired. C came home and made us burgers on the grill. K ate half of hers but it wasn't done enough for her. She took another one out on the grill, cooked it to her taste. She was using a big grill spatula thing to bring it in and dropped it on the floor right where the cats room is beside the litter box. No three second rule there!

C is in watching the T.V in the living room and K is watching her T.V. in her room. Me I am going to finish typing this and get a shower and go to bed.

It's going to be cold as a well diggers ass in the morning. Lower 30's. I had frost on my windshield this morning when I cranked up the truck to go to work. I shure am glad I got heat in my house. I can remember in my younger, poorer days having no heat and sleeping under a electric blanket my folks had given me just to stay warm. One place I lived in had gas heat and the heaters were in such bad shape I was afraid to leave them burning all night. It was hard to get out of bed. I would get out of bed from under the electric blanket run and fire up the heaters and the gas stove and oven and crawl back in bed till the house warmed up a few degrees. I would sleep with a knit cap rolled down over my ears and all the way to the top of my nose so my head would stay warm. The house had old timey wood floors and no insulation and a tin roof. It was drafty and cold in the winter time. Now I set the thermostat and pay the ungodly electric bill.

My brother up in Tennessee just insulated under his house and put more insulation in the attic. The electric company up there raised the rates 20%. He has a furnace too but natural gas is expensive so he uses electric space heaters. The kind that look like a radiator and are filled with oil. He says they work pretty well and keep his heating costs down.

Well Y'all I am going to get my shower and go to bed.
Take care!!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home