Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catchin' up from the swamp

Hey Y'all!
It's been a long week. I have been working and mostly tired. The job is going ok. There is a guy there who can't nobody stand that I found out has been stabbing me in the back and talking bad to the bosses about me. I confronted my supervisor about it and he said not to worry that he got a different story from other people there and until him or his boss says anything to me I shouldn't worry. I hate a snake in the grass. I want to kick his ass, but I would lose my job that I so desperately need right now. The sorry piece of shit ain't worth it. Not to mention the possible jail time.

This weekend C and I and other couples from our chapter of the club took off out of state to see two new chapters of our club get there charter. The national officers were there and it was a big deal. We left Saturday morning and got back Sunday afternoon about 4:30. We got to get away. We went out to eat with another couple from the club at longhorns steak house, went back to the motel room and stayed up late watching a sappy movie. It was kind of like a mini honeymoon for us.

We came back home and put together a king size bed we bought at the auction Thursday night. C is in there reading and getting ready to go to sleep on it right now. As big as we both are the queen size was just too small. My elbow would always end up in her ribs and she would be all on my side of the bed when she would turn over at night. We had to go to wall mart and pick up some sheets because the ones we bought while we were out of state were queen size packed in a king size bag. We got flannel sheets for now that match the quilt we bought.

When she lived up in Atlanta and I would come up, she had a full sized bed. We use to have to sleep with her head at my feet and my head at her feet just to fit in it. We thought a queen size would be just right. We have learned from staying at motels with a king size that a king size is what we need. We got a steal of a deal on it. It has some problems but it is still useful. It is a four poster with the tall carved posts. We got it for 120 bucks with a spring air mattress in great condition and box springs. I am looking forwards to sleeping on it tonight. Now we have to figure out what to do with the queen size bed. Next thing I want to find hopefully at a super price is two new dressers for me and C. The one dresser we are using right now is one that was left on the property when we bought it. We had a friend do a little repair to it but it is in crappy shape. We have been so poor starting out that we just couldn't afford nice things. C, K and I have been living together for a year now and we are slowly getting our house together.

Well Y'all Take care!!
Till next time,
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home