Thursday, September 25, 2008

Can't sleep- Wee hours of the morning in the swamp

Hey Y'all,
It's cooling off down here a little bit. The weather is getting nice. C has hit the bed but I just can't sleep.

Took dad to see the doctor today. He will be O.K. They are going to change some of his medications. The rest my family will have to call me on the phone for me to tell ya about it because it has to do with his privates.

Went and saw the lady at wall mart about our cake today to finalize some things. She wasn't there when we ordered it and I needed to talk to her. We are having pale green hearts added onto it. I am going to go tomorrow and order a sheet cake that is decorated just like the three tier cake so we have plenty of cake for the wedding.

I got to go to the military base tomorrow to see somebody about a job that I have been after. It's with the company that's doing the three year remodel. Hopefully I will get hired on.

I have been on the phone this afternoon checking on prices for shrimp for the low country boil. For medium shrimp I have got quotes for anything from 7.99 lb to 4.00 lb. I went out and bought a cooler today just for the shrimp. We are going to get 50 to 60 pounds of shrimp. I got 87.5 lbs of sausage, 192 niblet ears of corn in my freezer. I got a big can of old bay seasoning. The ol' boy that is going to cook it for me uses potatoes and onions in his. We are going to pick them up later on next week. Add 150 pieces of fried chicken, about 25 lbs of potato salad, four institutional size cans of green beans for green bean casserole, Cole slaw, and banana pudding and I think there will be enough food to go around. We are going to have cheese and veggie trays too.

My boss paid me 150 bucks on what he owes me tonight. He's whittling it down. He is going to be in my wedding and is a close friend. He hasn't been working much. He is picking up some work with his dad that is in the floor covering business. I like him and hope things turn around for him. It's hard right now.

C got her first paycheck from her new job today. With the overtime it was a nice one. We have so much needed the money. I got the monthly bills and our homeowners insurance bill checks written out and in the mail last night. I paid those out of our savings. We have been living off savings and the credit cards. I called the tax commissioners office today and found out property tax bills come out October 1st. Since this is the first year in our new home I have no idea how much it will be. God keeps blessing us and we are making it. I am looking forwards to getting the property tax bill paid so I can quit worrying about it.

Well, I am going to go fart around on the Internet so maby I can get sleepy.

Y'all take care!!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home