Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Running errands in C's swamp buggy

Hey Y'all,
I spent the day running errands in C's swamp buggy. Go to the post office, deliver a wedding invitation, get her oil changed, go by the bank. I ate a big Mac and fries while driving down the road because I didn't have much time. Believe it or not, that took most of the day. I came home after that and took a nap.

I still don't know when I will be working. I am going to apply for unemployment tomorrow. I don't know if I will get it. It's a long story but my previous boss at the bar had a problem with his accountant last year and I don't know if she even paid or did any of my paper work for taxes last year. I paid my own taxes just to cover it so I didn't get into trouble with ye old IRS. I am not shure if I am in the system or not for the time I worked. The accountant mysteriously lost all my files and couldn't remember me and there was no back up. I may not have any unemployment insurance to claim. Keep me in your prayers and keep your fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed for me. I need money.

Don't get me wrong, I am getting by. My bills are paid up to date and I have food to eat and gas in the tank. The value of my vehicles goes up and down proportionally with the amount of gas I have in them. The good Lord has provided for me. I just want a steady job that I actually get paid for doing. My boss threw me a bone the other day and gave me 100 bucks on what he owes me already. It is a drop in the bucket but it was like water to a thirsty man. I gave C half so we had money in our pockets for a few days.

The wedding is coming up fast. In 2 and a half weeks C and I will have tied the knot. It's about time and we are excited. It has been busy for us getting ready for the wedding but the next couple of weeks will probably be somewhat intense.

Well I got to get dressed and take K something to her work for her.

Y'all take it easy!!
Cornbread

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Sorry you are having such a difficult time. Does your employment office have a list of temporary jobs? Here in Oregon, temporary jobs may be for a day, a week, or maybe longer. ----and sometimes temporary jobs become permanent jobs! Ask the clerk at the employment office for this service. My son did this for over a year before he found a permanent job in his field of work. It paid his bills!
Good luck! Verna

11:31 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also look in the telephone book under "Temporary Agencies" and that may be the way this is done in other states.
Verna

12:03 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home