Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wee hours of the morning in the swamp

Hey Y'all,
I can't sleep. I slept in this morning because my boss isn't working me right now because he can't afford to pay me. Which sucks. He still owes me over 500 bucks. That's a lot of money to me right now. I got a referral from the dept. of labor for a custodian job. I sent my resume in. I am out there looking. I don't know which way to go, only that I need money.

I talked to the chaplain that is going to marry us tonight. He really is a great guy and a positive force for Christ. He rides and has a motorcycle ministry. He goes around all the clubs Here in our area of Georgia and down into Florida some. He really gets around.

Had supper tonite at the local restaurant. I had sausage and field peas, and pear salad. C has never seen pear salad. She is from Michigan. She doesn't like pears and couldn't figure it out with the cheese and all. My momma use to make me fresh pear salad because we had pear trees in our back yard. These were canned pears from the restaurant, but they were good. Only problem is one ain't enough. I miss good ol' southern cookin'. C is a good cook thou. She just cooks and eats like people from up north. She makes some killer stew beef, but she don't eat it over rice. I'm not criticizing or complaining. I'm well fed. I like going to our local restaurant to eat cause they have southern style food and they are pretty cheap. C had pancakes and eggs and bacon and our bill with drinks was about 15 bucks. C can eat breakfast anytime of the day. K doesn't like breakfast. We can get it all unless it's morning at our local restaurant. They have some weird hours thou. Mondays and Sunday lunch and dinner they are closed. They close between lunch and dinner too. We have to hit them just right to get fed there.

Went and saw dad today. He was in a good mood. His girlfriend was there. He's always in a good mood when she is there. She spends the day with him and it makes his world not seem so lonely.

Well Y'all I don't know of much.
Take care!!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home