Friday, September 19, 2008

Been to the auction

Hey Y'all,
I am up again and can't sleep.

Did my application the other day for unemployment. It was just like I said in last post. They showed me as making no money for 2007. They are going to do a wage investigation. I can't file on the boss I have now because he is working me on a 1099. I had to file on my old boss at the bar. Since I quit there to take another job that adds a whole new perspective to it too. The hope of me getting unemployment is looking dim. I am burning up my seed money in the bank.

Speaking of burning up seed money, C and I went to the auction tonight. We were looking for a dresser for dad to go in his new room. We found one that was perfect size but it was a little rickety. I called dad and described it and the condition. Dad said he didn't want me to bid on it. We did however come away with some stuff we really need for a cheap price. K broke her bed awhile back and it was sitting on cinder blocks with a broken box springs. It's all saggy and doesn't sleep well. We got a new frame and box springs and mattress really cheap. I have been shopping around for a small chest freezer to put the stuff for the low country boil and chicken we are having for the wedding. They had one there and we got a hell of a deal on it. I have it plugged in with a bottle of water in it to see how well it works. We got some little gazebos for near nothing that we can set up for the wedding. C got a crystal lamp with a really neat shade for the house. It's lighting up the living room right now.

This Saturday C and I are going to do some running around and getting stuff for the wedding. Put in our order for a cake. Get canned food like green beans and stuff. I got a Sam's club card today so we can shop there too.

Tomorrow (today now) I am going to meet dad and my brother to go to lunch and then we are going to shop for him a new lighter weight wheel chair. After that we are going by the house so he can look for some books.

Well I am going to surf around on the net till I get sleepy. Who knows what time that will be.

Y'all take care!!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home