Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Swamp Style

Hey Y'all,
C is on the way back from the emergency room with K. She sprained her ankle. It was really swollen bad and hurt her. K was at work and she got sent home.

This weekend we were busy with barely anytime to rest. Thus the lack of posting here. We did go out and spend the gift cards we got from the wedding on a gas grill for C and tools I need for work for me. Last night we had rib eye steaks cooked on the grill and C did a excellent job with them. Tonight we were supposed to have patted out hamburgers cooked on the grill, but this came up with K being hurt. I had a big mac. Not quite the same, but I got my burger fix. I'm just glad K is O.K. and it's only a sprain.

Work is going O.K. I just wish I had the mind I use to for this kind of work. I have or had a lot of skills to do this type of work. Ever since I had my nervous break down a few years back and am taking medications, I just can't think and figure things out like I use to. Maby it was all the pot and coke I did when I got out of the navy that screwed up my head. I don't know, but things just aren't the same. It's frustrating when I know I use to could do things and make them work and now I have to ask somebody to show me and I barely grasp it. I am good for general labor anymore and that's about it. With my physical limitations and medical problems, sometimes being a general laborer is hell. I call it getting old and my youth catching up with me. I hurt more and can't do the things I use to when I was in my 20's. I don't like to complain, and I am not complaining. I just do whatever the good Lord gives me to do and try to maintain. I can't change the past and I have to play with the hand life has dealt me.

Well C will be home soon and I need to pee. I'm going to get off the computer and relax some before she comes home with K.

Y'all take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home