Monday, February 18, 2008

sunday night

Howdy Folks,
Just got off work. We had some things happen at the bar tonite. A domestic dispute in the parking lot. After I got it broke up, the man ran into one of our customers cars when he left. Hit and run. The cops came out.

My boss asked me a funny question tonite. He wanted to know if I put all this crazy shit that happens there at the bar on my blog. Not really. Only if it is something noteable. Believe me, there is a whole lot that I don't tell. You can see the best in people at a bar and most certainly the worst. Sometimes it bends more to the latter. Saturday night somebody made me so mad I wanted to beat their drunk ass. I don't usually get that pissed off. Did I do it? No. Did I come home and write about it on the blog? No. I did come home and couldn't sleep because I was so wound up about it and tossing it around in my mind. People don't realize the affect this job can have on somebody. When I get into a confrontation now, I get the shakes. My nerves are shot. I do what I have to do anyway. It's embarrasing to be shaking. But I'll kick your ass hard if I have too. I've done it to people before. Grab them, throw the out the door, on the ground, whatever. I am nice but when it comes down to "brass tacks" I'm all buisness. I am professional. Diplomatic. Ya catch more flys with sugar than vinegar. Treat people the way you want to be treated. But don't fuck with me. You'll be kept in check. You have to be this way in my buisness. I've had my nose broke, fingers broke, my knees are all banged up. I take pain pills for my back. I smoke way too much and it's hard to breath in a fight which is necessary. I'm fat. I've had knives pulled on me, guns pulled on me, sticks. Sometimes I think I need to get a regular daytime job like "normal people". But I can't think of doing anything else. The pay ain't that great believe me. But I'll do it as long as I can. I have fun at my job and truly enjoy it. There are a lot of good people that come to bars too. I enjoy interacting with them. Sometimes I enjoy fighting with the drunk assholes too.

I guess I've had alot on my mind. I hope it doesn't sound like I am "dumping"

Ya'll take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home