Thursday, February 21, 2008

Musings from the swamp

Hey Folks!
Hope everyone is doing well. I have not had any big news to tell of. Life is rolling along as usuall.

Tuesday I went and saw the lawyer. He is drawing me up a will. I want C and K took care of if I am deceased. It was informative to talk with the lawyer. He is going to draw up a draft of my will and powers of attorney and email them to me next week. I found out in Georgia if you name someone in a will and then marry them without a provision for such, the will becomes void. Also there is no "common law" marriage in Georgia.

The doctor recently gave me a prescription for percocet for my back and C is concerned about me taking them. She is afraid I will get addicted to them or start back taking other drugs. I don't think that will be a problem. I am allowed four pills a day, but I limit myself to two per day just for that reason. I'm not going to lie, I like the way they make me feel. But that is why I am carefull. I know what it is like to be addicted to a drug. A few years back I dealt with a cocain addiction and got clean. The biggest addictions I have now is cheap cigarettes and sitting on my ass, being lazy.

Harley is doing well. I spent some good qaulity time with him today. He is growing and getting bigger.

C is doing well. We are now getting more in a "groove" of living together. We are starting to "fit like a old pair of sneakers" as the saying goes. K is doing well too. Her and her boyfriend J have been together 2 months now. It seems like longer than that. They make a great couple. C and I think the world of J. He's a really good kid. We are proud of the choice K made in picking a boyfriend.

Well, I just wanted to check in.

Y'all take care!!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home