Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Bubling Swamp

Hey folks!
Just got in from work a little while ago. Tuesday night pool tournament. It was busy for a Tuesday night.

I was gone out of town this weekend for state church with the motorcycle club. We had fun but it wore me out. I worked Sunday night and then Monday I went out of town for a V.A. appointment. I had to see the podiatrist. The took a scalpel and cut a bunch of skin off my foot, and clipped my toenails with the biggest damn toenail clippers I have ever seen. They are mailing me some insoles and foot lotion. I have to go back up there for another appointment with the dermatologist on Thursday. I have this crusty thing on the side of my head that they froze off a couple of years ago and it has grown back.

Life is rolling along O.K. other than some big bills coming in. I just got my ad valorom tax bill on the trailer. Them bastards want $404.01 from me by the first of May. Talk about not even a reach around. Gotta pay it thou. When I had money in the bank I use to not worry when a unexpected bill would come up. Now that all my money is pretty much invested in my house, it puts a hurting on us. Ah, such is life. Juggling a F'n paycheck that's not even mine and bills. I feel more gray hairs growing. Looking in the mirror, that feeling is confirmed.

Took Harley to the vet today. He got his second set of shots. He shure don't like those things. He got heart worm and flea prevention too.

C is doing O.K. She came out to see me at the bar tonight and have some dinner. It is nice when she comes out there. She may not spend all her time there with me, But I still get to see her. K is doing well too. Still a teenager with a boyfriend and still doing the school thing.

Well that's about it for tonight folks.

Y'all take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home