Thursday, December 15, 2005

Mornin' Y'all

Well today (thursday) was uneventfull except me and dad arguing a little. dad calls me on the phone at 9am. even though we live in the same house we use the phones for his convience. well anyway at 9am my cell sitting beside the bed rings and it's dad. He says aren't you gonna get up and put in your aplication at the rockpile for that full time postion? I told him I was going to sometime today but not at 9am. he said oh sorry go back to sleep.

Noon rolls around and I am still dead asleep cause I am wore out from this three day excursion I was just on. The phone rings its dad and he sounds agitated and says You've got things to do, I'm hungry and want some soup. If you can't get up I'll call your aunt to do it. CLICK. Well that just pissed me off. I got up. Stuff in my eyes from sleeping with this really big urge to pee, walked into the kitchen in my boxers, threw some microwave soup in the microwave and set it on the table with some crackers, his drink and a napkin and told him it was ready. Went and took care of my mornin stuff and got dressed. by that time dad was thru with the soup. I was leaving and he was asking "you gonna go put in that application at the rock pile? waves of pissed off flowed over me, but I held my tounge and said "Why yess"

I went to the rockpile, went by the labor dept and had lunch and came on home. when I made it home what did dad ask me? you guessed it. "did ya put in the application at the rock pile?" That did it. I couldn't take no more. I said LOOK! You need to quit SWEATING me about this damn job. YOUR PISSING ME OFF! We had afew words basically him saying everything he does pisses me off (which is untrue) and me basically saying stop sweating me on this dad.

I came out here on the puter and relaxed a little and dinner time came around and we talked. He said he was sorry for pissing me off and we talked about it and I explained to him why it pissed me off.

Dad did eat some beef lo mein for dinner. After dinner I took off to outatown where my club brother has a bar and sat and chatted for awhile. Had a double jack and water (only one) and relaxed. I know dad didn't like the fact that I left this evening, but he seemed cool with it after I got back.

Just another slice in the life. Some days are good and some so-so. I tell ya though I woulden't trade days with dad even if some are unpleasant. I remind myself of the fact that one day he won't be around to get on my nerves sometimes, and that my friends will be a bad day in the life of cornbread.

Oh by the way I do go back to work at the rockpile on monday. Keep yer fingers crossed I can get on there full time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're kinda like the Daddy now..you take care of him all the time, tend to him, feed him and I bet it's hard on him. He's the DAD..he's always supposed to take care of YOU..in his mind anyhow.

His body just won't let him no more so he's gonna nag the holy hell out of you sometimes..haha..

It's rough man but you're a good son and ya'll be alright :)

Good luck with the job.

9:34 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home