Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow and Ice In the foot hills

Hey Y'all,
I can't believe it has been since the first since I posted last!! Time has really been flying by!!

We got snow night before tonight/today. Probably about 6-8 inches or so. It started about 2330. I went into Wal mart to pick up some last minute essentials before the storms hit. When I came out it had started snowing to beat the band and my windshield was covered. It snowed all night into the next morning. The temp yesterday never got above 32 but close to it. There was light rain and when the temp dropped again it has all turned to ice. The Governor has declared a state of emergency because the roadways are so bad especially south of here. My yard is shiny white with a layer of ice on top of 6 to 8 inches of snow. I almost got stuck in my driveway yesterday.

We are all safe and warm. I have had the fireplace going since last evening. There is ice forming on the trees from the light rain we had during the night. If our power goes then I want to be prepared for it. So far, "Knock on wood" (taps on head with knuckles) our power has stayed on.

Well Take it easy! Stay Safe and Warm!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home