Saturday, October 17, 2009

My punkin' turns 18 on Wednesday

Hey Y'all,
That's right K turns the big one-eight on Wednesday. She is excited as ever. She can hardly wait to waltz into the convience store and buy lottery tickets and cigarettes. The bars down here in certain places lets 18 year olds come in with a special arm band or stamp that lets them in, but they can't drink. She already has plans. She knows better than to drink because when she gets home, daddy will kick her ass if she does. And I stay up late. I was already living on my own when I turned 18. K lives with us and we like it that way. I think she does too.

We had club church tonite. C made her famous chicken and dumplin soup. It's kind of like southern chicken and dumplins with a northern flare. All I know is my tounge tried to slap my brains out when I put it in my mouth. We had biscuits and one of the brothers had jellies and butters that come from the mountains of North Carolina. He also had some spicy ginger ale that comes from South Carolina. I was in food heavan.

K was home when we got back. It was nice and we got to sit around and chat as a family. We don't get to do that often enough. I really enjoyed it.

Well Y'all take it easy!!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home