Thursday, May 01, 2008

Thinkin' in the swamp

Hey Y'all,
I've been thinking. Thinking about finding a new job. I'm just not shure about it. I want a job with nights off, weekends off. A regular 9 to 5 job. Maby something that pays a little more. I'm just not shure what I feel confident to do and there are other things to consider too. Like being there for K to drive her to work in the afternoons. I want to spend more time with C so a second shift job is out of the question. I got to be there for dad to see him when I can and do his running around for him. I want to be more of a bread winner too. It's got me confused and a little frustrated right now. Physically I can't handle hard labor anymore. I don't have any skills that I can use at the present time. All the things I have done and learned in life I haven't done in so long or was based on hard labor. Mama always said when I was young if I didn't get my shit together that I would do back breaking work or be a "ditch digger" all my life. So far that has proven true.

C is still beating the bushes looking for a job. She was invited to fill out a application at a car dealership along with a bunch of other people. It's the weeding out process. She is busting her ass trying to find something. We are still working on her unemployment benefits.

I was talking to a friend of mine from a past life (I have several). I haven't talked to him since before I met C. I want him and his family to meet the woman that God has given me to spend the rest of my life with. She's not only my companion, she's my best friend. My friend is a born again charismatic christian. You know the type. I was one of those people once too. I am born again, but life has taught me a lot. Tempered me so to speak. My friend would probably think I am wordly. But he is a true friend. He rides too.

C, I just want say I love you. You are the best thing to happen to me. Times may be rough because of money, but we are going to make it thru all this. I am happy to be living with you. You truly are my missing rib. We may not be married on paper, but I already consider you as my wife. I can't imagine life without you. Neither of us are perfect, but we are perfect for each other. I am proud to help raise K. Both of you are a blessing to me.

Y'all take care!!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home