Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Howdy


Well Folks another week has passed.
This past weekend C and her daughter K came down. Due to the way things worked out with my schedule and things going on it was a exausting weekend. K had a good time visiting with one of my friends kids. She has become quite attached to them and they to her. It's a good thing cause it is important to me and her mother that she find a place to kind of fit in down here.

I have had three days off and after I got thru with my chores here at home I just kind of took today and did nothing but relax. Spent most of the day surfing the net. Tommorow night will be back to work at the bar and ready for another weekend. I am not shure if C and K are going to come down this weekend or not. I may be going up there on my days off next go round. We'll just have to see.

I have got to spend some time hanging out with dad which has been a good thing. For awhile there I wasn't seeing him much at all because I was always gone. Dads not getting any younger and it's important that I get to spend time with him.

I still read everybodys blogs when I can. Grey biker http://southerntwilight.com/blog/ was talking about going thru all of his dads stuff and the memories attached to some of those things. I imagine the day I will be doing the same thing. I am not looking forwards to those days. When my dad is gone it will be a major part of my life ripped away. The cycle of life comes and it goes. Something none of us can escape. I have heard it said that no one is compleatly dead until they are forgotten. Every day I pass by the graveyard where my mother is buried I always say a short prayer that God would bless her on the other side.

Well so much about things that have a dark shadow about them. I am not depressed tonight, just kind of kicked back. Listening to bluegrass internet radio. I can remember the days when I would add "and toking a numb-er" to that list, but those days are past me now. Whiskey is too strong for me, so I stick to diet mountain dew, or juicy juice. Here's to you "J" don't worry about the bumps in the road. Life is a journey and a classroom. Learn it's lessons well, they get harder if ya don't. (you know who you are)

Y'all have a good week now, Ya hear?

2 Comments:

Blogger Woogaus said...

Ya know bro, I'm really glad to see that life is gettin good for ya.

9:44 AM EDT  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

Yeah its been kinda sad. I ran across his motorcycle helmet sitting silent in the barn last weekend. Made me think of all our fun rides together.

Good thing is I still have plenty more to ride. Plus a nice soft warm back rest to lean back into.

9:43 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home