Tuesday, December 01, 2009

It's December 1st! 24 more days!

Hey Y'all,

We put our Christmas tree up last night and did some decorating on it. Today we finished hanging the rest of the ornaments. It looks nice with it's multi colored lights reflecting off the ornaments. This year when my dad died, one of the things we got was one of his foot lockers of old ornaments. We used them on our tree this year with the few ornaments we already had. It makes our tree look nice and has sentimental value.

It doesn't look like we are going to have a lot this Christmas. I am getting into the Christmas spirit anyway. We may not have a lot in the way of gifts to give or receive, but that's not what the holiday is all about anyway. This year is a special Christmas. It is the first one without my parents. My mom died in '88 and my dad died this past January. Since my mom died Christmas was not as big a holiday at my dads house. We started going to my brothers and sister in laws house and celebrate it there. It made dad happy. The last Christmas I spent with my dad was at the nursing home.

I hope every one's Christmas season is wonderful this year. Enjoy yourselves, your family and friends.

Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home