Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Swamp buzz

Hey Y'all,
The last few days have been interesting. The nursing home sent dad to the hospital to get checked out. He had upset bowels and abdominal pain and weakness. They checked him out and said he had a virus. He made it home at 5am. I called him today and he was tired and sleepy. I'll go see him tomorrow.

K got her job back at dairy queen. She started today. She wants a new phone and needs money. We told her it's fine if she goes back to work, but if he grades slip she's done. She will still be working around the house for a allowance.

Since I got my back tire changed on my bike I plan to ride it a lot more. I think I'll take it into work Tuesday.

Not much else happening. Me and C went shopping for C some shirts for work and then had supper at the waffle house. Came back and picked up K from work.

I forgot to mention some things so I came back and edited this post and I'm going to put them in. Today I paid off the IRS, the phone company and dads lawn care people. While I was out I was going to pay my ad valorom tax bill on the trailer at the county commissioners office. I went in there to write out the check. The lady looked my stuff up and said I don't owe till the end of the year. It seems since I used the homestead exemption my property tax and ad valorom tax will be combined at the end of the year. It will be a whopper. I owe at least 404 bucks ad valorom and I don't know what the property tax will be. I know a lot of people who read this will think, I'm getting off cheap. But believe me when we're living paycheck to paycheck bills like that can be hard. They can't be avoided if we want to keep our place to live. I know, welcome to the real world. I guess the saying is true: " two things ya can't avoid is death and taxes".

Y'all take care!!
Cornbread

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a solution for you on the taxes problem. But you have to swear to each other that you will never touch the money until the bills come due... and that is the biggest hurdle.

Lets take a wild guess that your property tax will be the same as the AV tax. That comes to 808.00 that you will owe at the end of the year. That is too big a chunk to come up with all at once. Here is your solution:

Go to the bank and open a joint savings account. Do one with a high interest payoff. Since you already tried to pay the one bill... take at least half that money to open the account. Now lets say that both of you are working and you get paid weekly... if you each take just 10.00 from each paycheck and deposit every week into your new savings, you will have saved more than enough to pay the 2 bills and have some left for the next years bills when they are due.

If you both can do this and stick with it... you will never have have to worry over these 2 bills again. But, like I said, you will have to both swear (no matter what) to never touch that money unless you are paying those bills. 10.00 each will not make or break you and a good habit will become a great habit!

10:33 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home