Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Swamp Moss

Hey Y'all,
Spent most of the day sleeping. K is off from school but has been sick with a mega headache that wouldn't go away. She spent all day in bed. Her boyfriend came over and tended to her and I went to mcdonalds and brought her some lunch.

C worked late but stopped by the bar to pick K up some dinner. I got to see her for a few short minutes. Sometimes I hate it when I have to work and can't see her. I have pretty much felt like shit all day about last night. It's a bad feeling when I hurt someone I love. I just wanted to be close to her all day. I couldn't cause she had to work today and I had to work tonite.

I ordered the marble base for my project I am working on. We are still going to have to build a wood "box" for it to sit in. The thickness of the marble is only 7/16ths. We have to counter sink holes in the bottom to attach the urn. Making the box for it will give it a nice edge too.

It may seem weird to be making my own cremation urn. But it will be the place I would be most happy for my final resting place. I will get to enjoy it while I am alive too. Death is something that is unavoidable. We all have to face it. Maby it's part of my dark side, but I feel I am being responsible and getting my affairs in order. I go next week to the lawyers office to sign my will.

Some people have asked me why do I want to be cremated? Well for a lot of reasons. It's economical and clean. I won't be buried in a graveyard where I am forgotten. I'll be right there in the living room where people will remember me. You are only truly dead when your memory no longer exsits. I don't have a problem with my body being burned up when I am dead. I won't feel it. The spirit and soul and your memory is what continues on, I believe. This body is only a shell. My remains can be with people who love me and I them.

Well Ya'll take care!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home