Saturday, December 12, 2009

Freezing in the mountins

Hey Y'all,

We are up in the mountains of North Ga. It is downright cold up here! We have been freezing our T Heine's off.

We have our grandson spending the night with us in the motel room. This is his first time away from mommy and he is being a perfect angel.

We went to the auction tonight. It was a special night there. The auctioneer and the guy who runs the canteen were raffling off shaving their beards off for charity. One of the guys who is part of the auction family also offered to auction off his beard. Myself I auctioned off my hair and beard! ( I had shoulder blade length hair and a goatee) My hair and goatee are now gone! They auctioned them off and C shaved it off. Each of the guys wives who auctioned there hair or beards off did the shaving. Together combined we raised over 1100 dollars for the charity! We beat the donation Wal mart had made! That is not a easy feat!

Since it was so cold up here I made only one request. That was somebody had to provide a toboggan hat for me to wear since it was so cold up here and my head was going to be bald. My father in law came thru with a Detroit lions stocking hat! I have to return it to him tonight. We are going by Wal mart today and buy me a good black one for me to wear up here to keep my head warm when we return my father in laws hat.

Well, Y'all take it easy!
Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home