Friday, January 19, 2007

There's been alot hapening


Hey Y'all!!

There has been alot happening since I posted last. Dad is in the hospital and when he comes out he will require someone to sit with him 24/7. His options are going into a nursing home for 20 days, going into a nursing home permantly or having a sitter come to the house around the clock. We are finding out or at least trying to find out how much his insurance will pay, how much medicare will pay and how much he would have to pay. Dad is determined not to go into a nursing home even for 20 days which medicare would pay for. He want's to come home (understandably). We have figured out that a sitter at home will cost about 10 bucks per hour. thats 240 bucks a day, 7000 bucks a month. You do the math and you'll see that dad will probably be going broke quick if his insurance isn't good enough.


Dad has got to the point with his congestive heart falure and swelling that he can't get around very well anymore. He can't do simple everyday things. I am not available all the time to help neither is his girlfriend or the rest of our family. We help him as much as we can, but short of me quitting my job and staying home round the clock, we will have to have a sitter or nurse with him. Sometimes he falls and the last time he got stuck between the sink and the door in the bathroom. He can't even roll over anymore. His girlfriend happend to be here spending the night and was able to call my aunt and uncle to help her get him out of the bathroom. If she hadn't of been here dad would have layed on the bathroom floor all night until I got home at about 0230. He has got to where he can't walk very much. The day he went to the hospital he couldn't even get out of his lift chair. Dad is unable to get into the shower here at the house and has been having to take "ho" baths. Dad is proud and somewhat in denile about his health. He thinks that once he gets out of the hospital that everything will be fine, but his track record is proving him wrong. The doctors know it, we know it and dad is avoiding the truth in some ways.


I got back from the V.A. thursday and was told what I already know. "quit smoking and lose weight" I am now on insulin as well as my pills for my diabetes. I gave myself my first shot today. I gave it in my stomach and it was painless.


With all this going on with dad I don't know if I will get to go up to see C as planned for my days off. Next weekend she can't come down cause her daughter has some stuff going on. I don't know how long it will be till I get to see her and it's killing me. I guess I am a little spoiled and expect to see her every week or so or as much as possible. Just being around her makes my world a better place. Some people have drugs, I have C and I am hopelessly addicted.


Well Thats what is going on with me right now. I hope everyone who reads here is doing well!!!

God Bless,

Cornbread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home